Sunday 24 November 2013

Wanting to Read...

This blog post is going to consist of a list of books that I really, really want to read. If I was to write down every book I want to read, ever, this would be a blog post that would be an infinity. There are constantly new stories that I like the sound of, and new authors whose every book I would like to add into my collection. Unfortunately, I can only read so fast and I don't have enough money to buy every book that I think I would enjoy, so this list will be of the ones that I desperately want to read. It will be helpful to me too because I need to keep a record so that hopefully one day the whole list needs to be re-written because I have read everything on it.

So, here is a list- which is as small as I could manage- of all of the books that I would like to read soon. I'm going to try and make it my personal mission to read them all but don't want to set a time limit because I don't want reading to become a chore. Once I've read one of the books on this list, I will put a line through it and if you've read any of the books I've listed, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! Because I want to know if they're as good as I'm expecting or better or even worse!


  1. Divergent by Veronica Roth- (Yes, I know that EVERYONE has read this but I just never got round to it. Now that Allegiant has been released, it seems like a good time to read the series and the story sounds pretty great!)
  2. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell- because I've heard a lot about this book and it sounds like something I would enjoy.
  3. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak- I want to read this because I have only heard good things about it, other than i being extremely sad. It relates to history, which I love also.
  4. Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz- I found this book myself when I was on Goodreads and immediately wanted to read it. I've read the first few pages on Amazon and it seems to be written in a way I would like.
  5. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky - Again, a book I should have read by now. I really want to read it before I see the film, which I would like to do too, and I know a lot of people who have enjoyed the book so much.
  6. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver- Because I've read the Delirium series and someone recommended I read this. They said it's very different but equally as good.
Hopefully someone reading this has read one/some of these books and can tell me a bit about what they thought!

4 comments:

  1. Divergent, and Fangirl were really good. The Book Thief was also really good, but as you said.....very, very sad. I didn't like Before I Fall, even though I did really like the Delirium series. I hadn't heard of Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe.
    Great list!
    Em @ http://theyabookbutterfly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting! Now that I've said that about Before I Fall, I've heard a lot of people saying they didn't like it as much as Delirium... I honestly can't wait to read Divergent though! :D

      Delete
  2. Divergent, Fangirl, and books by Lauren Oliver are also on my (never ending) list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you agree! Hopefully we will both have read them soon. :D

    ReplyDelete